|Title: Building Surveyor|
Salary: Dependent upon Experience
|2. OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB|
| To deliver professional building surveying duties across the residential and commercial property portfolio. |
Ensuring professional advice is provided to the organisation to provide a timely, efficient service provision for tenants and operational users to the right quality standards and cost.
|3. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES|
|• Deal with reactive repairs to residential, commercial and operational property.|
• Deal with planned maintenance for residential, commercial and operational property.
• Deals with Statutory Compliance (gas, electric, water, asbestos etc).
• Undertakes specific defect analysis and proposes suitable remedies.
• Undertakes small property projects (<£50k) – inc scope, principal designer, drawing production, tendering and contract management.
• Undertakes condition surveys and reviews data already held on property condition.
• Provides detailed advice on Dilapidations (Interim and Terminal).
• Undertakes Insurance works.
• Procures reactive and planned maintenance contractors and suppliers.
• Contributes to Feasibility Studies and Option Appraisals.
• Contributes to Asset Management Plans.
• Deals with Building Regulation Approvals
• Deals with Planning Applications
• Prepares Schedule of Condition
• Undertakes Vacant Property Risk Assessments
• Undertakes Fire Risk Assessments
• Assists in preparing budgets and monitoring income and expenditure
• Line Management of Joiner and Apprentice Joiner
• Deals with HSE/ EHO on property matters
• Provides detailed advice on Party Wall matters
• Deals with Conservation Officer, English Heritage etc
• Deals with Adjudications
|4. EXPERIENCE/SKILLS/PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS|
|• Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS) – minimum 5 years PQE essential|
• Experience in managing a residential property portfolio for planned and reactive maintenance – essential
• Experience in managing a commercial leased and operational property portfolio for planned and reactive maintenance – essential
• Experience in managing statutory compliance for property – essential
• NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health – desirable
• Previous experience in Principal Designer role for small projects and maintenance works – essential
• Experience of undertaking condition surveys – essential
• Experience of producing Planned Maintenance Schedules – essential
• Experience of producing Asset Management Plans – desirable
• Experience of Dilapidations (interim and terminal) – desirable
• Experience of procuring planned and reactive supply chains – essential
• Experience of dealing with Building Regulations and Planning Applications – essential
• Knowledge of Health & Safety related to construction (inc CDM Regs) – essential
• Knowledge of forms of construction inc traditional and steel frame – essential
• Experience of Contract Administration – essential
• Excellent people management skills – essential
• Excellent communication skills – essential
• Competent in using Microsoft Office inc Excel and Word – essential
• Competent in using CAD – desirable
• Ability to work as part of a team – essential
The successful candidate must have a current and valid Driving Licence. Due to the nature of this role you must be able to work the occasional weekend, and some unsociable hours, as required.
|Reports to: Property Director | Direct Reports: Joiner & Apprentice Joiner|
|7. EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT|
|Work hours are Mon-Fri, 8.30am – 5pm with an unpaid hour for lunch.|
The post holder will undergo a three-month trial period.
Holiday entitlement is 25 days per year, plus Public Holidays.
A basic healthcare plan and employers auto enrolment pension scheme are offered after successful completion of the probationary period.
|8. TO APPLY|
|Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org|