DEDICATED TO PRESERVING OUR HERITAGE, WHILE MAINTAINING
AN ONGOING COMMITMENT TO THE FUTURE
“It is our aim to leave properties and places better as a result of our actions and activities”
Bolesworth has been invested in supporting the local community since 1898, when George Barbour built The Barbour Institute in the nearby village of Tattenhall in memory of his mother, Janet Andrew Barbour. In the years that followed, neighbouring Burwardsley parish was also provided with an institute of its own.
The estate continues this tradition and over recent years has provided land that is used for Mill Brook Wildlife Corridor as well a nearby recreation club which offers various sporting and leisure facilities.
We’re delighted that these facilities serve their local communities and provide spaces for people to come together and share activities.