Come and join the team here at Bolesworth. We are currently recruiting for an Estate Handyperson to join our busy team.
Estate Handyperson - £18,000 per annum
Overall Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role will support the estate teams; Equine, Events, Garden, Household and Maintenance to ensure all the operational areas are kept clean, are maintained to a high standard and run smoothly.
General repairs and maintenance across the estate.
- Field repairs and maintenance including strimming, ragwort pulling and hedging.
- Harrowing and rolling of sand arenas.
- Muck removal from fields and arenas.
- Cleanliness of shared areas – to include; blowing debris and jet-washing the yards and thehorse walker.
- Replacement of light bulbs, fixtures and fittings as required.
- Assisting the estate teams as required.
Experience, Skills and Personal Characteristics
- Experienced in carrying out repairs and maintenance work with both wood and metal.
- Experience of manual labour with an understanding of safe working practices and manualhandling.
- Able to drive – machinery / tractors / tele-handler - very desirable.
- Competent use of hand tools and machinery.
- Capable of working to a high standard with a good attention to detail.
- Able to use own initiative whilst working individually and as part of a team.
- Able to work weekends and unsocial hours as required.
- Comfortable with working outdoors.
- Willing to learn and develop skills.
Reports to: The Operations Manager