Come and join the team at Bolesworth. Here are our current vacancies, please click on the link(s) to apply.
Assistant Accountant - Please click HERE to apply
Office Administrator - Please click HERE to apply
Overall Purpose of the Job - Overall responsibility for the on-going management of yard staff and a small team of International Show jumpers (to potentially include travel to shows in the UK and Europe) and a limited number of Livery clients, together with the coordination of the overall maintenance and health & safety of the yard.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management of a small team, first point of contact for team issues, including preparation of working rotas and completion of timesheets.
- Required to attend weekly team leader meetings to update on yard activities.
- Checking and authorisation of all invoices to be passed to accounts.
- Managing the budgets for Bolesworth Lake Farm and Harthill Stud LLP.
- Organising vetinary, dentist, farrier and physio visits to horses.
- Keeping accurate, computerised health and exercise records for each horse.
- Responsible for maintaining health and safety in and around the Yard.
- Attend quarterly health and safety meetings.
- Preparing for attendance of shows both in the UK and abroad.
- Able to stay away for periods of time to attend events and shows.
- Maintenance of yard vehicles; ensure the regular service and MOT of all vehicles, deal with any breakages and ensure compliance with the ‘Restricted Operators Licence’.
- Responsible for field and arena checks and the movement of horses between Bolesworth and Harthill Stud.
- Coordinating late-night checks of stabled horses.
- Management of a small number of youngstock, and Ramiro B in the winter months.
Day to day duties:
- Management of feeding, grooming and administering veterinary treatments.
- Overseeing the cleaning and maintenance of stables, tack room, feed areas and water drinkers.
- Mucking out.
- Clean and maintain tack. Arrange for repair or replacement as required.
- Exercising (not essential) and lunging horses (to a high standard) and keeping accurate exercise records.
- Preparing horses for International competition, hunting, and less regularly for sale.
- Main point of contact for any livery needs that come through either directly or via email and telephone.
- Ensure the yard is kept clean and tidy always to a very high standard and everything is well maintained.
Driver Licence – HGV and CPC qualified - Essential
Experience / Skills / Personal Characteristics;
- Must have previous experience of having overall responsibility for elite competition horses, with the flexibility to oversee and manage a limited number of Liveries.
- Previous experience of working within a ‘varied’ yard. This may include; hunt liveries, top class show jumpers and mares and foals.
- Experience of managing people.
- Driver Licence – HGV and CPC qualified
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Highly personable.
- Flexible and committed.
- Attention to detail.
- The post holder will be based at the Bolesworth Lake Farm
- Work hours – These will typically be 7:30am-5pm, based on a 5 ½ day week. Exact hours to be confirmed.
- The post holder will undergo a three-month trial period.
- Holiday entitlement is 20 days per year plus Public Holidays
- Notice Period is 1 month
Reporting to - The Commercial Manager
Who reports to the job holder:
X2 full time grooms and x1 part-time groom.